Row hiding is a common problem that can be a valuable tool for clearing out a sheet or temporarily hiding specific information. However, there are times when it is necessary to restore visibility to those hide rows and understanding how to reveal rows in Google Sheets is essential in this situation.
With the help of this step-by-step tutorial, we will show you how to easily unhide rows that have been hidden in Google Sheets so that you may efficiently manage your spreadsheets.
Why Do Users Hide Rows in Google Sheets?
There are many reasons behind hiding the rows in Google Sheets among which some of the common scenarios are explained:
- Data organization: In large data sheets, it is difficult to concentrate on the relevant information. Hiding the irrelevant rows makes it easy to focus on the important information.
- Confidential information: Some information is sensitive and to keep the privacy, the rows containing such information can be hidden. For example, the rows containing personal information, financial information, and other relevant information can be useful.
- Data analysis: When the data sheets are analyzed, some information can be hidden which is not necessary to be used in analyzing or calculation.
- Formatting purposes: Formatting the sheet is an important thing that increases the readability of the sheet. For this purpose, the information which is not useful for the users can be hidden.
- Collaboration and revision: Hiding rows allows for individual focus and revision before revealing the changes to the rest of the team.
How to Unhide Rows in Google Sheets?
To unhide the rows in Google Sheets, we can follow the below-mentioned steps.
Step 1: Access the Google Sheet
First, open the Google Sheets in which rows containing the hidden information should be revealed, for example, consider the Google Sheet of “Employees Information”:
This sheet contains the hidden rows which will be revealed in this post.
Step 2: Identify the Hidden Rows
Next is to identify the rows which are hidden and this can be done by observing the serial number of rows. For example, in our case, we found that rows 4 and 5 are hidden:
Step 3: Select the Hidden Rows and Unhide them
Select all the row’s serial numbers, press the right button of the mouse, and click on the “Unhide rows”:
Another method to unhide the rows in Google Sheets is by clicking on the “arrows” visible on the row serial number:
Also, by clicking on the “Empty box” in Google Sheets:
Then choosing the “Unhide rows” from the dropdown menu by pressing the right-click button of a mouse can make the hidden rows visible:
By any of the above-mentioned methods, the hidden rows can be made visible to the users:
How to verify that No Rows are Hidden in Google Sheets?
To confirm that there are no rows hidden, select the entire sheet and in the dropdown menu, there will be no option the “Unhide rows” which means all the rows are visible:
To unhide the rows in Google Sheets, select the entire sheet and choose “Unhide rows” from the dropdown menu. There are different other methods which are explained in this article. This post has explained the method of unhiding the rows in Google Sheets in easy steps.