Yii PHP Framework
Yii is an open-source platform that supports object-oriented programming. Flexibility and site support are admissible with it, which keeps the developing applications to be quicker and the code remains sorted out. It is considered as one of the PHP architectures that produce growing sites that are PHP-based quicker and less difficult. You can’t deny the fact that PHP is a highly useful, element-based programming platform nowadays. Today PHP puts each organization on scratch while choosing the best PHP arrangement for their tasks or projects, it provides them various options. Yii is one such rising PHP platform that an architect got to consider on account of its functionalities and moved setup.
Why Choose Yii Framework For Your Next Project?
- It is a lot easier to install
- Fully extensible
- Highly secure
Impressive and Eye-catching Features of Yii Framework
- Yii is a Model-View-Controller (MVC) Design Pattern-Based framework.
- Users can easily work and use it along with the third-party codes. It is also possible to integrate code from the PEAR and Zend platform in your Yii project.
- The Yii structure can support formatting of time, number, data, message translation and localization of interface.
- The best thing about this PHP framework is that it provides layered data caching, page caching, and dynamic content. In terms of caching, the storage medium can be modified easily.
- The framework also highlights the generation of difficult WSDL service management and specifications of request handling in web service.
- The framework also applies a mechanism of themes and skinning which is extremely helpful for the users who want to switch the outlook of a Yii-supported website.
- Error handling and logging in the Yii framework can be done precisely and users are also capable of routing, filtering, and categorizing to varied destinations.
These were just a handful of features that we have picked for you. Now, let’s step-in towards the Yii PHP framework installation process on Ubuntu 20.04. Before following the installation guide, make sure that you are working as a ‘superuser’.
Installing Yii framework on Ubuntu 20.04
Step 1: Open the terminal by pressing ‘CTRL+ALT+T’ or search it in the activities. The package list needs to be updated.
$ sudo apt-get update
Step 2: Install the PHP composer using the curl command.
$ curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | php
Step 3: Manage the dependencies of the composer using the given commands.
$ sudo mv composer.phar /usr/local/bin/composer $ sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/composer
Step 4: Move into the ‘HTML directory and install the Yii framework using composer.
$ cd /var/www/html/
$ sudo composer create-project --prefer-dist --ignore-platform-reqs yiisoft/yii2-app-basic projectyii
#! /usr/bin/env php <?php /** * Yii console bootstrap file * * @link http://www.yiiframework.com/ * @copyright Copyright © 2008 Yii Software LLC * @license http://www.yiiframework.com/license/ /* defined(‘YII_DEBUG’) or define(‘YII_DEBUG’, true); defined(‘YII_ENV’) or define(‘YII_ENV’, dev); require __DIR__ . ‘/vendor/autoload.php’ ; require __DIR__ . ‘/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/yii.php’ ; $config = require __DIR__ . ‘/config/console.php’ ; $application = new yii\console\Application($config); $exitCode = $application->run(); exit($exitCode);
Step 5: Allocate the port number for availing the webserver.
$ php yii serve --port=5000
Enter the following link in your favorite browser’s search bar and Enjoy working on the Yii PHP framework.
In this article, we have learned about Yii PHP Framework and its features. Furthermore, we have also shown you a step-by-step procedure of Yii installation on Ubuntu 20.04.